Tools for Thinking

Leadership
September 5, 2018
Application of Artificial Intelligence in Education
February 14, 2019
Show all

Tools for Thinking

Thinking About Thinking? Then Think No More! 5 Hacks to Make You Smarter Faster

Thinking is something we all do, it is an involuntary act that one can detect by that little voice in your head which helps you make decisions and how to carry out certain tasks. This is your voice of thinking. It encompasses various functional tools. In order to think systematically, one needs to look around and explore.

We humans are unable to experience the true nature of the universe, but once our senses and brains are unfiltered, one can only process a fraction of the world and hence we have to use concepts and tools to profoundly learn about the true nature of our reality and thinking capabilities.

Technological progress has not only widened our knowledge about the universe but it also made us aware of some unsettling possibilities. It is speculated that in the future we might be able to simulate entire cosmoses but if this is an option now then how can we know it has not already happened? How can we know we are not already a part of a simulation?

Intelligent beings have existed before us! Is it possible we are not real and we don’t even know it?

Here are five tools to help you think this through!

If our current understanding of physics is correct then it’s impossible to replicate trillions and trillions of intricate things that our cosmos possesses.

There are five areas on which you’ll have to work on.

1. Don’t Invent a Complicated Explanation If a Simpler One Will Do

An extremely useful instrument to win any argument.

A lot of the times, in order to explain something to someone or in this case ourselves, we tend to complicate things which in turn drains us to a point where we no longer want to think anymore. Keeping facts in mind that do not refute your argument and to not come off as an intellectually dishonest person we can just try to simplify things.

2. Differentiate Between “Surely” and Rhetorically

Reasoning is the key to everything. It’s what makes us humans after all. Nothing is evident or obvious until you think it is. In an argument, people usually want you to skate over them as if the claim is so obvious as to be beyond doubt, or the answer self-evident. The opposite is often the case.

3. Don’t Waste Your Time On Garbage

This is a valuable instrument when criticising a discipline, school of thought or art form.

90 percent of everything is garbage. If you can’t hit the dart on the other 10 percent, then that may be an overstatement. The argument is that there is no point in wasting your time on quarrels that simply aren’t any good, even, or especially, for the sake of conceptual axe-grinding.

4. Ask The Right Questions

This might be the toughest tool to use.

Asking the right questions would certainly require you to make the right judgement; a lot of what we do depends on our experiences. Our experiences drive our decisions hence decisions differ from person to person. Here is the problem lies with critical thinking, no matter what the person thinks it is most probably false.

5. Errors Are Made Due to Lack of Information

You might not even know that you are missing the tools you need.

It will always become harder to think and come to a conclusion if you are missing the necessary information to get there. The fact that the world is not black and white and has its grey areas creates obstacles in how to think. To tackle this and make predictions that are precise in unscientific disciplines will certainly open one’s mind to new possibilities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *